Friday, December 30, 2011

Tidings of Comfort and Joy




A couple of years ago, my parents went to this Christmas party at work. They raved over how good the punch. My mother, who doesn't drink often, commented she was having a second glass of this punch before she noticed that it was spiked. I asked for the recipe and asked what it was called. Holiday punch was the answer. I didn't think that was a very creative name for it. So I came up with the name of 'Comfort and Joy' since I made it for the holidays and it had Southern Comfort.

This is a very smooth drink with good flavor.

Comfort and Joy

6 oz. thawed frozen lemonade concentrate
6 oz. thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
6 oz lemon juice
750 ml Southern Comfort
Grenadine for color
2 2 liters of Sprite, 7-Up or Sierra Mist

Mix together and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment